Recomendation for cabinet refinishing

Strob · Nov 5, 2019, 12:02

I would like to refinish my kitchen cabinets. Here are some pics of their actual state. What do you recommend to make them look new?

Marilyn · Technical Support · Nov 5, 2019, 13:27

Hi,

In order to make your cabinets look new again you will have to strip away all of the old product left on the cabinets.

You can use a paint stripper such as the Paint Stripper by Finico. Once this is done the cabinets will need to sanded. Use 120 grain sandpaper for this.

We recommend using oils as they always do a good job and are easy to apply and maintain. For this reason, we suggest using Uno and Secondo by Prato Verde.

The Uno to add a touch of color and the Secondo to seal and protect.

When finished you will have beautiful cabinets that look band new!

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further information.

We are here to help!

Strob · Nov 5, 2019, 13:44

Ok thank you very much. I didn't know about these oil. How do they compare for example to General Finishes high performance polyurethane?

Strob · Nov 5, 2019, 13:58

I just realized you have a french version of your website and that you are located where I live in St-Sauveur! lol!

Marilyn · Technical Support · Nov 5, 2019, 14:04

Not comparable at all.

The General Finishes High Performance Polyurethane is a varnish. When varnishes are used and its time to restore your cabinets you will need to start over completely. Stripping and sanding everything once again.

These oils are also very resistant as they can be applied to floors. The beauty of using oils is that you will never need to start over. To restore your cabinets as there will be wear over time, a simply washing and a re-application of the oil will bring back your cabinets to looking like new!

Yes we are at 2385 Jean-Adam.

Strob · Nov 5, 2019, 15:13

Ok amazing! thank you so much I will use this option!

[None] · Nov 27, 2019, 01:07

[Deleted by a moderator]

[None] · Nov 28, 2019, 01:38

[Deleted by a moderator]

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français