Applying a sealant over hemp oil and milk paint

Beth Venti · Apr 4, 2024, 13:11

Hi! I painted my kitchen cabinets with a combination of 2 black milk paints. I then applied multiple coats of hemp oil. After fully curing they were installed. They now show every single thing that touches them. Water drops oil etc...these spots can not be wiped off. I would like to seal them (after resolving the stains, with something that is more of a hardened top coat like the eco-poly so that they are protected and can be easily cleaned. Does anyone know if this would work? Could I tint the poly with black paint to help with the stains? Thank you!

Marilyn · Technical Support · Apr 4, 2024, 13:47

Hi,

We would recommend appling one coat of the Prato Verde Secondo - Finishing Oil in the colorless option.

The solvant in the Secondo will help stabalize and protect you finish. The stains should disappear.

Sample sizes are available for testing.

Kind Regards,

Beth Venti · Apr 4, 2024, 13:54

Thank you! So you believe that this additional coat of oil will deter future spots along with hiding the established ones? No need for a poly finish?

Marilyn · Technical Support · Apr 4, 2024, 14:06

Exactly, However, it is important to be careful withing the first 10 days after application by wiping spills and liquids.

Kind Regards,

[None] · Apr 5, 2024, 13:18

[Deleted by a moderator]

Beth Venti · Apr 5, 2024, 19:51

I just saw that this product only ships in Canada. Such a bummer. I'll have to keep looking

Terms of Sales · Privacy · Cookies · En français